Friday, January 31, 2014

DIY 10 minute pillow covers

     Do you find a needle and thread to be challenging?  A sewing machine to be expensive and intimidating?  Well, if you answered yes to any of these questions, than you are just like me.  I don't let my lack of sewing skills stop me from making things around my  home.  In fact, I find it to be a challenge worth doing.

     I had this small feather pillow form that belonged to my youngest daughter,  perfect for her toddler bed.  It always drove me nuts when the feathers would end up all around the room, but it was the perfect size for her and super soft.  I also had purchased years ago a small table runner.  By small, I mean it didn't run the length of the table, but looked nice simply in the middle. 

     I had since stopped using it, and it was in my growing pile to donate, when it occurred to me it was the perfect size to turn into a pillow and, since I already had the pillow form..... why not?  Oh right, I don't sew.  I was not about to let that stop me.

     One thing I can do is hot glue things with the best of them.  Glue of any type is my go-to when I am having problems getting things to stay where I have planned them. 

 
As you can see here, fabric, pillow form and hot glue gun.


 
   Just fold over and glue. :-)  It is just like wrapping a present.
 
                                             
 
I didn't time myself, but I know this didn't take me longer than 10 minutes.  I might add some contrasting trim, and you can bet I'll be using my hot glue gun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment