Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Putting my feet up

     This morning as I was putting away clothes, I began to get anxious with all the projects still left to do, and all the things still to purchase.  I had to take a moment to quiet myself down and stop seeing the nail holes that need to be spackled, and start seeing all the things that I have already accomplished.  Taking the time to remember that my glass is more than half full and I am truly blessed with a wonderful and supportive family.  Things will either get done or they won't, but when all is said and done, how important is it really if I find the perfect rug? 

     Today, I'm giving myself permission to put down the hammer and nails, the paint brush or any other DIY tool so that I can snuggle on the couch with my adorable 2 year old and watch an episode of "Dora the Explorer".  Remember to give yourself some time to just slow it down, and enjoy what matters most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment