Friday, January 10, 2014

Monte Cubano

     I made this for dinner one night this past week.  Everyone loved it!!  It's not the most health conscious of meals but there are worse things to indulge in.  I can definitely see this meal becoming a regular in my meal planning.  Like I mentioned, the whole family loved it, so it's one of those family pleasing meals I love to make.

     You can find the link above for the exact amount and how-to.  Here's a list of what I used.
  1. 2 slices of honey wheat bread
  2. 2 slices of honey baked ham from the deli (it was on sale)
  3. 2 slices of peppercorn turkey from the deli (it was on sale)
  4. I used minced garlic from the jar but you can use a 1/2 garlic clove finely chopped
  5. 1 to 2 teaspoons of mustard (I used honey mustard, it's what I had already)
  6. Dill pickle rounds or the sliced thin sandwich ones
  7. 3 thin slices of swiss cheese (I think you could easily substitute with any sliced cheese that you prefer)
  8. 1/2 garlic clove
  9. mayonnaise
  10. 1 large egg (if you are just making 1 sandwich, I made 6 and used 4 eggs)
  11. 2 tablespoons whole milk (I used 2%)
  12. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
     You will have to adjust the ingredients accordingly to how many you are going to make.  I didn't use the exact amounts on each sandwich, which is one of things I liked most about this ingredients. It's very forgiving with omitting, substituting, increasing or decreasing amounts.  I also used vegetable oil to cook these in.  If you are counting calories, then this is one dish you will want to pass on. It comes in at a little over 1,000 calories.

     Another great thing about this meal is the quick prep and cook time.  It can easily be made in 15 minutes.

 
Pickles we used and love!!
 

 
Before being dipped and fried.
 
 
This is worth the additional exercise.
 
 
Enjoy!!
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment