Friday, December 27, 2013

Where I am going to put all this stuff?

     It's to dark right now to take a picture of my mini-van filled to the brim with Christmas gifts and purchases made after the holidays.  I'm not sure I want any reminders in the future as to how spoiled my children really are.  Each year I'm always left scratching my head as to where all these things are going to fit?  Don't get me wrong,  I haven't forgotten just how lucky I am, but still a house can only hold so much stuff without looking like it should be on an episode of "hoarders".  I did manage to get some purging done before going away for the holidays so that will help with some of the things.  My question to all of you is "What do you do with the toys your children receive but don't seem interested in playing with, or that you feel they already own something like it?"  That's what I'm deciding on currently. 

     I'm also behind on taking some time in reflecting on this past year.  All of it, the good, the bad, and the just ho-hum.  Grateful for experiencing it all, and hoping to have gotten a positive message from it.  I'm thinking about starting a new tradition for myself and my family.  Maybe coming together once a month and sitting down to write about an event or a moment, or a laugh we might have had during that particular month.  It would be a nice way to end each year by remembering all those big and small moments that we have shared throughout the year.  I also need to sit down and make a list of all the things I would like to accomplish next year, like possibly running my first and no doubt last marathon.  I have lots of house projects I'd like to see get done but I need to be more realistic.  Hey some girls dream about shoes, I just happen to dream about which color I should paint the walls or use wall paper instead.  But I need to keep those favorite heels of mine grounded as it's not really realistic to think I can re-paint my entire house, walls, ceilings, and trim as well as get done the other projects I would like to see happen.  I should mention both inside and out.  I'm a little hesitant about getting any major landscaping projects done.  I have kids that I WANT to be tearing up my yard, and not yelling to them to get off of it because I just planted grass seed.  I seriously need to get better at sucking up the fact it's hot out and get my weeding done during the summer months.

     Here is something I am going to give a real try too as well.  If you haven't heard of (but I'm sure you have) the amazing blog A bowlfull of lemons.  She covers just about every area you can think of, from budgeting, to decorating, to organizing as well as cleaning.  Part of my anxiety is not wanting to become overwhelmed with stuff. 

     I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow, but Sunday if all goes well *fingers crossed*, I will be meeting my blogger idol as well as purchasing a truly beautiful piece of furniture as in not from Ikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment