Thursday, December 5, 2013

DIY Picture Ornaments

     Today, I'm trying to catch up on some other stuff I have going on.  You know, the non-fun things, that one must do in order to have a functioning household?  I decided to take a few minutes off and write my blog as well as look for some great DIY projects involving family photos and Christmas ornaments.  I think it will be a great way each year to see just how much the kids have grown.  This is all part of my meaningful decorating plans, moving a little bit away from the commercial aspects of the Holidays.


Seriously, how cute is this?  I found this here on an adorable blog, full of great personal touches.  You can find the actual tutorial here.  What a great way to display school pictures, pictures used for Christmas cards or family vacation photos.  I found another great tutorial here.


I love the use of black and white photography on these.  So simple, and yet such an elegant touch.  You can see more here.  She also has a beautifully decorated Christmas tree, that is affordable, using dollar store snowflakes.  I think I know where I will be this weekend.


There are so many DIY ornaments here.  Great tutorials on how-to.


Talk about simple and sweet!! What a great way to use household items we all have to create such cute and memorable ornaments.   This one will be a great craft to get my kids involved with.

Check back tomorrow to see  how I transformed cheap dollar store glass vases into beautiful faux mercury glass display.



No comments:

Post a Comment