Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pinterest vacation anyone?

     I could spend all day, every day on Pinterest.  I think that would be my dream vacation.  A personal barista, and my laptop with Pinterest.  I find the more I pin, the better I am able to figure out my style.  It's what I gravitate towards most.  It's been a useful tool for me in re-doing my whole house.  Yes, I said whole house....( I think this is why I am feeling like I need a vacation). I pick just one room at a time, and start out with color.  I then take it from there.  I've managed to finish my upstairs bathroom, top to bottom.  You can see those posts here and here.

     If you have been reading my blog then you know I am starting on my girl's room and finishing up my bedroom.  I usually like to do every project in one room before moving on, but the girls are overdue for a dream bedroom and now I'm just down to the little details in mine.  You know the ones you tend to procrastinate on?  Yep, those.  Typing this all up, forced me to get up and do a few of them as well as snap a few shots.  The over all room is coming, but I'm waiting on a few things.  The suspense is killing you right?  



Here's one of those little things that adds up.  I put the frames up, just hadn't put the pictures in, because that required uploading them and having them printed.  It was one of those, "I'll get to it another day".


Well, I managed to get all that done, but I left the pictures out of the frame.  Again, it was when I get a minute, I'll do it.  More like unless I was in my bedroom, I just forgot about it.  I like using different types of frames but keeping the color the same.  I chose gold to tie in with all the little gold elements in my bedroom.


This is the corner of my bedroom.  Gotta love my wicker hamper.  Hey, I'm just keeping it real here.


I'm lucky in that some of the original glass door knobs are still here.  The brass plates had all been painted over previously and I know there is a way of stripping them.  I just didn't want too.  Good enough answer, right?  I bought a gold sharpie from Michael's and went to town.  I'm in the process of doing all the back plates like this.


I have 2 rather strange "closet" areas under the attic eave.  I thought about just dry walling right over them but they really are useful for storage purposes.  In an old house you really can't afford to lose any space.  I'll have an upcoming post on their transformation as well as some tips on organizing.  This knob came from Anthropologie.  One of my favorite drool worthy stores.


Sorry about the bad shots.  I really need to invest in a good camera.  If you are looking to add a little cottage charm to your house or dress up any furniture you have, I suggest you take a look at this company.  They especially have great "overlays" for Ikea furniture.  (I am not paid by this company, this is my own personal opinion).  I wanted to dress up the outside of my home and add that special "cottage" look of millwork.  These pictures are taken from inside my bedroom, looking out.  I have 3 windows and I love this so much I am going to do the same thing for the windows on the first floor.  It's a little pricey to do custom sizing but the charm and character is worth it.  




I'm still trying to figure out a way to get a good outside shot of them.  Climbing out onto a snow filled roof is just not an option at the moment.  They are super easy to install.  Just use some liquid nails to adhere them.

On a completely random side note, I got my first comment on yesterday's post.  I'm still a little star-struck since it came from one of my all time favorite bloggers, Jen over at Tatertots and Jello.  I'm sure you have read her blog but if you haven't her home is A-MAZING.  You should definitely check it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment