Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gooey cookies and cream bars

      It feels more like a day to bake than do any kind of home improvement projects.  I decided today to surprise the kiddos with a yummy looking dessert for tonight. It's a recipe I pinned months ago and always meant to make.  I still can't get over how quick and easy it is.  It's called "gooey cookies and cream bars", and only requires just a few things. 

  List of what you need:
  1. Cake mix box of Devils food cake
  2. 1 large egg
  3. Package of Oreo cookies
  4. 1 stick of unsalted butter
  5. I package of chocolate chips 
  6. 14 ounces of canned sweetened condensed milk 

For the complete recipe you can find it here.
 http://picky-palate.com/2011/07/05/gooey-cookies-
and-cream-double-chocolate-cake-bars/

Here's a look at what I used.

As I type this up my house is beginning to smell heavenly. Here's a look at what I did. 


I mixed one cake box mix, 1 egg and 1 stick of unsalted butter. 


The recipe called for 14 Oreo cookies broken into pieces. I threw them in a gallon size bag, grabbed my meat tenderizer and gave them a few whacks. Place the cake mix in a foil lined baking pan 9x13 that's been sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Spread out the cake mix and top with the crushed cookies.  Once you've done that, evenly spread out the condensed milk, top with 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and bake for between 23-25 minutes. You will also want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Can't forget that step!!

Your house will begin to smell delicious in no time at all.....and you will end up with this...


I must resist until after the kiddos come home. I can see its going to be a LONG day for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment