Monday, November 25, 2013

When downright ugly becomes inspirational...

     Not to long ago as you might recall, I went to the thrift and loaded up on some, not so pretty, okay downright ugly items. If you haven't read it then you can find it here. I don't always have a plan for an item but I know inspiration will strike sooner rather than later.  This is the eye sore I am talking about.



I initially thought this was someone's craft project gone wrong, but it was constructed well and it was cheap, so in my cart it went.  It wasn't until I went to give it a makeover that I realized this tray in this design retailed for $29.  I'm thinking this should be my new business venture (just kidding).

My daughter's will be sharing a room, as soon as I finish it.  When that is, I HAVE NO IDEA.  It's a process and I try to remind myself of that, over and over.  Things are mostly coming along with a few minor set backs but that's a part of design and making a home your own.  I wanted to bring some sort of inspiration into my girl's room, something they could take to heart and believe in.

Pinterest as well as Google are great places to find inspirational quotes for your daughter. Here's the one I found.


It's important to me that my children grow up knowing that not only do their parents believe in them but they too should believe.



I gave it 3 coats of Krylon's Blue Ocean Breeze in gloss. I had the quote made by Craft Cuts in vinyl, you can find a link to them here.  The quote cost me a little less than $20.  


I just placed it on the tray, where I wanted it to go and then peeled the backing off.  It took a few minutes to rub it completely on. A quick tip is to peel slowly as to not rip the vinyl.  Sometimes you have to go over a particular spot that hasn't yet adhered.

Here's what it looks like now that it's completed.

And a before and after shot.




 What are some quotes that have inspired you?  Where do you go when you are looking for a little inspiration...Just leave a comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment