Friday, November 15, 2013

What's for dinner?

     I tend to choose recipes that are realistic for my family.  I look at things like cost, and how long something takes to prep.  I know there are lots of shortcuts in terms of finding already chopped vegetables, and I try and take advantage of what's on sale at the grocery store.  I guess you can sum up my cooking style as cheap and easy. Some other factors I take into consideration are the likes and dislikes of those that will be dining.  (Read this as my kids, ha). 

     So what's for dinner tonight?  Let's just say this meal had me at it's delicious picture I pinned off Pinterest.  

                           Brazilian Shrimp Soup 



                           Here's a list of ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 onion
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 3/4 cup long-grain rice
  • 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
  • 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree
  • 5 cups of water
  • 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro
Please follow the link here for this amazingly delicious soup!! http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/brazilian-shrimp-soup


I usually double up and make a larger batch on all my dinners.  During the week sometime, we have a hodge podge of leftovers and that works for me on nights we are busy. 

                I love the smell of garlic, onion and pepper.  



                              Now doesn't this look yummy?

Leave me a comment below and let me know what's for dinner at your house tonight? Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment