Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bringing a little fragrant rosemary into my home..

Hello everyone.  I am squeezing this post in between my littlest one's nap, and before picking the rest of my brood up from school in a little while.  I've come to a realization that with little ones, my only true time to indulge and create comes in that magic, little 2 hour window.  Here's how I decided to use the vase I found at Goodwill.  

It started here on my dining room table.  Normally, I have a couple of topiaries but since I host Daisy's at my house, I decided to clear it off early and play around with it. 

I clipped some rosemary I have growing in my yard, compliments of the previous owners.  I love the fragrant smell of it every time I pass through the dining room.  Unfortunately, it just seemed small and out of place.  I briefly considered the top of my coffee table, but with kids and pets, it just wouldn't stand a chance.  Which led to my next and final spot.



I placed it on my bookcase in the living room.  (I pass by this more often, anyway).  



I painted this bookcase white a long time ago. Actually I spray painted it.  The paper backing is, you guessed it, gift wrap from Elum.  You can find further information and the link below.  Both chip board paintings came from Etsy, as well as the small gold tray, the frame is simply shabby chic that I actually purchased off ebay.  The Eiffel Tower was brass, but yup, I spray painted that too.  I bought that years ago from Ballard Designs.  Last but not least the artichoke is one of my most favorite finds from Home Goods.

   
The photo albums I purchased from Exposures online catalog, I believe they still have them.  The magazine holders were all from Ikea.  Some of the labels are missing thanks to the very cute 2 year old that resides here!

Here's the link to the gift wrap paper called bamboo lattice-seedling green. http://www.elumdesigns.com/shop/paper-gifts/eco-friendly-gift-wrap/bamboo-lattice-seedling-green-gift-wrap/ (Elum is not a sponsor).
Ah just in time, I hear her waking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment