Monday, November 11, 2013

What happens when horses meet deer?

No, the above title isn't a start to a really bad joke.  Remember yesterday when I said I just might spray paint that gold frame?  Well, I did but not in the white I had originally thought, in fact I went all out with Krylon's spray paint color "watermelon".  Now, I am far from an expert on spray painting techniques, but I do love the quickness and convenience it has to offer.  I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants decorator.  

Here's a re-cap of yesterday's gold frame and horse painting. 
I really needed a large frame for, well wrapping paper.  I found through Pinterest this great site called Elum, you can find the link here http://www.elumdesigns.com/shop/paper-gifts/eco-friendly-gift-wrap/

The paper I fell in love with is this one down below.

This one is called "Winter Wind" and retails for $3.75, with shipping it becomes a little bit pricey but for a unique idea on art work it's really not bad.  

I started by covering the actual painting with newspaper. 
Grabbed one of these, I ended up using almost an entire can of spray paint.  This frame required about 4 coats, and I gave about an hour in between each coat.
The gift wrap comes as a large sheet size 22x34, so I needed to cut it down to fit inside the frame.  Here is a picture of my sophisticated tools.
My tools consisted of a ruler missing a corner, a tape measure, a very shiny pencil, I couldn't find my exacto knife so a paring knife stepped in, and then of course a pizza box to do the actual cutting on.  I simply measured the inside of the frame and then turned over the gift wrap to make my measuring marks.  

Next up I used a spray adhesive as well as a matte finishing spray to tone down the pink and add an extra layer of protection on the gift wrap.
And this is what I ended up with.
The adhesive came through a bit on the bottom, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will dry clear, but either way I still love it!!


More to come down the road, as I fully transform my girl's room from top to bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment