Thursday, November 14, 2013

Table scapes for Thanksgiving...

     Thanksgiving is in just a couple more weeks, and my mind is on tablescapes.  With 3 kids, I find it difficult to set a beautiful table and expect it to remain that way, but this year I am going to make the effort.  I said effort, but with all the cooking it just might be paper plates and plastic utensils.  I spent an hour today on Pinterest, just pining away at all the beautifully dressed tables.  I want to share a few with you.




I love all the interesting things found on this table, especially the gold flatware. 


I love the modern twist on a very traditional way of setting a table.  You can read more below by following the link.  


I spent a little bit of time this afternoon bringing nature indoors, as well as working on a diy mercury glass punch bowl. (More to come on that later).  I know the suspense is killing you, right? 



Here's a cozy little corner inside my home.  My dining room is a dual purpose room as I have no foyer.  This is my small entry area, that I decided to give a slight mini makeover.  Note the small wooden tray I purchased from the Goodwill.  

 I added a pumpkin left over from my Halloween decorations and found some pine cones to add to the tray.  The red throw blanket was from Ikea, which I got in the "as-is" section for $4.00.  It's such a warm blanket on a chilly day.  


I had some fun with instagram, can you tell?  




Please share with me how you dress up your holiday table by posting a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment