Sunday, November 24, 2013

What's cooking, good looking?

     Ugh....I know I'm behind on blogging...*hangs head in shame*.  I did manage to make a delicious meal Friday night, took lots of pictures, but had ZERO ambition to blog about it.  On Saturday, I finished up some smaller projects, came to a realization that a larger project wasn't going to be actualized, and then took the rest of the day off to hang with the kiddos.  

     Alright back to Friday night's dinner.  Don't judge me by my poor photography skills.  I'm still getting the hang of all of this.  Oh and don't judge me by the name of this recipe, I didn't name it, but trust me if you like buffalo chicken, you will enjoy this dish.  I found this recipe via Pinterest and you can find it here.

     I always make double, because I'm learning that 10 year old boys can really EAT,  and I do like to have some for leftovers for the middle of the week.  So if you are like me you will want to double the ingredients.  

Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread

     Here's a list of the ingredients you will need:

2 boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp. olive oil
1 pizza dough (I bought Pillsbury canned pizza dough in the dairy section)
8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese 
3 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of Franks Wing Sauce (I used the store brand)
1/3 cup of ranch or blue cheese dressing (I already had ranch, so that's what I went with)





For the exact directions and measurements, click on the link above.


I rolled the pizza dough out and then spread a combination of the ranch dressing and a little bit of hot sauce.


I cut up into chunks the chicken breasts, cooked them until they were no longer pink and then added hot sauce to the frying pan.



 I gave the chicken a few minutes to cool before spreading it out on top of the pizza dough.  Once, I did that I placed both the mozzarella as well as the cheddar on top.



I know it's not looking too pretty here, but trust me it's delicious.  All you do is just roll it up as best you can.  



 Place it in the oven for the amount of time the pizza dough package recommends and....


I made 2 of these to feed 5 of us, and I can tell you we have very little left over.  It's not as spicy as you would think, so you might want to crank up the amount of hot sauce if you are looking for nuclear buffalo chicken.

What's cooking in your kitchen tonight?  Leave a comment below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment