Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 3 of the ORC, panic is setting in





I can't believe the halfway point is already here. I feel like I have so much left to do and not enough accomplished.  I'd be willing to bet that most participants are feeling the same way I do. I just need to keep reminding myself to take deep breaths and I've gotten a lot more done than I would have otherwise.

I painted the ceiling which was a major pain.  The acoustic ceiling tiles absorbed a ton of paint. I need my husband to run some killz paint over a few stains and then just touch up those areas. The antiquated light fixture is down and waiting to be loved in someone else's home. The new light fixture (Source post at the end of ORC), is up but not fully installed. 



The ceiling was so gross. I wish I hadn't waited so long to paint this ceiling.




I like being able to pass along things I no longer need. I don't know if this was original to the house built in 1929 but it was no longer functional in that it threw off such little light.




I love a bright, white ceiling.


All that is left to do with this light fixture is to add the glass shade, and the rest of the bulbs.  4, in total. (Complete source list to be added after the One Room Challenge is over).

In the next couple of days I want to patch and prep the walls.  This weekend I'm hoping to start taping off the stripes.  I'm leaning towards these 4 colors but I haven't committed yet to them.


And in the meantime all toys are shoved and stacked everywhere.  I did manage to label everything.



Seriously in love with some of the artwork that has come in.  I used Ikea Ribba frames.



The right side is completely painted and ready to be waxed.  I waxed the left side and just need to start placing the toys back.



I can't believe we are on week 3 and I am still painting this piece. I hope to be completely done by week 4, and that includes having it all waxed and toys back on the shelves.



Can you find our resident cat enjoying some quiet time?



The new brass pulls are in, I still have the knobs to order.



I love this rug, it just adds such fun and life to this room.

I have commissioned 2 custom art pieces which will be in soon, I sent out a picture to be framed.
Still waiting on the faux valances, and I need to iron the cafe curtains and purchase smaller rings.
Walls need to be painted, as well as the base molding, and door.
Inside of closet needs to be dismantled and painted a bright color.
I did find something perfect for displaying the girl's pottery projects.

Ok, go check out the other participants here at Calling it Home.




No comments:

Post a Comment