Monday, March 16, 2015

My multi-purpose Dining Room

I hope you enjoyed my post yesterday on my top 5 favorite dining rooms.  You will see small elements of those rooms in my own dining room.  I don't have just one room dedicated to dining in, it has to serve as a multi-purpose space, in that it's my entry, as well as my office space.  You'll see further down. In another post I'll share details on sources and projects, but for now, here you go!

This space functions as my office.


And also keeps my son's musical instrument and a basket for shoes. I need to re-think that basket there. 


I love, love, love this wall lamp.  More on that later.



Now we have the entry way. Typically everyone seems to drop their bags on the floor in front of their hooks.


My gallery wall.


One day I would like to either build a closet for coats or find an amazing antique wardrobe.  For now, this Ikea one does the job.


Here's a little reading nook I created.  I can still see the kids but remain a bit removed from the scene (I wish).


If we ever want to visit the Aquarium, we don't have far to go.  Doesn't everyone have a fish tank in their dining space?


My fireplace.  One of the many reasons why I bought this house.  Eventually all that brick will be covered up with molding as well as tile.  One day!


Close up of a few of my milk glass pieces.




I've had these wedding pictures up for almost 13 years now.


Another blogger showed these x-benches in her home and I fell in love.  More details on a future post.


As you can see my buffet is less than in perfect condition but with young kids, and only a $35 price tag, you can see why it came home with me.  Did I mention I just love chinoiserie?  I mean REALLY LOVE.



This orchid/clam shell was an easy to do project but not a cheap one.


The table we've had for 8 years, don't mind the white paint. We do are arts and crafts in here as well.


My  husband usually answers all his emails at the table.  I think he needs his own little corner somewhere. 

You can see the door to the right, and here's a bit of a wider view of the room.


Here's one little detail I've always loved.  These are just plain target chairs that I adhered vinyl lettering to each chair, so we know who sits where.


I found a seller on Etsy that is embroidering linen place mats for me.  I'll show those when they come in.

Do you have any rooms in your house that double as something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment