Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Breakfast Nook reveal and source list

                                Happy New Year Everyone!  

I've decided to give blogging another go around.  I enjoy the creative process and this really motivates me to get projects done. 

We started our kitchen last year and had some issues along the way, which prolonged the process.  It's 90% finished with just a punch list left to do. I've decided to show you all, the breakfast nook first, which is something I've always wanted in a kitchen. Along with having the nook for eating, and snacking, we have also started using it as a place to play games. Originally the bookshelves were going to be used just for my ironstone collection but after visiting friends in North Carolina and seeing their nook/game area, I was sold.



I am so pleased with how it all turned out. Please excuse the boxes on the right.  We have extra flooring that can't be returned and my Husband has yet to move them to a new location.

My gallery wall is just above the bench. All pieces were found at Estate sales.






I blogged about my ironstone haul as well as these prints, here.




I purchased the frame from Michael's and used washi tape around the print.




I love this cow painting, my Husband not so much.  This painting first caught my eye while reading Miss Mustard Seed's blog.  You can find it here on Etsy.  In a couple of weeks, I will be revealing a second painting from this same artist, that I've purchased and currently having it framed.


My inspiration for using an Ikea bookcase as a bench came from this picture below. Instead of using baskets, I opted to purchase the doors separately.  I also changed out the knobs that came with each door to match with the hardware I chose in the kitchen.




I love these brass knobs from Schoolhouse Electric.  You can find this Ikea bookcase turned bench here.  Ikea KALLAX shelving offers a few options, doors, drawers or baskets.



I upholstered the bench myself which was easy to do.  If you are looking for a good tutorial on how-to and a material list, I included a link, h2obungalow.
The fabric I used on the bolster and bench is no longer available, but I found it here. Fabric.com is one of my favorite sources for fabric. 
I had my 2 bolster covers made for me by CleusaSordiDecor, again found on Etsy.  Fast turnaround and wonderful craftsmanship.
All my pillow inserts come from this shop Peteuga on Etsy. Amazingly fast shipping.
The Ikat pillows were purchased as a pair and ready to ship from CastawayCoveDecor.
The navy Greek key pillows were purchased separately and made by JoyWorkshoppe found on Etsy.
I don't know why I didn't capture a picture of the smaller linen pillow in the middle but you can find out the information from SkippysCorner.




The DOCKSTA Table is from Ikea.  It is the only easy thing to put together.
The Blue & White Salt & Pepper shakers are from Pier 1 imports and are no longer available.
The tray is Lilly Pulitzer for Target.
The ironstone pieces contain candy for a little extra treat.



I can't find the information for the Manufacturer's of my ghost chairs.  I originally purchased them as a pair for my porch, and will again, since these will be staying here in the nook.

The rug is an indoor-outdoor one from allmodern.  The shedding was minimal after the first vacuuming.  Very easy to clean and super soft underfoot.




My children are really enjoying having most of their games here.  In those plastic containers I have playing cards, learning materials, as well as small puzzles.  More on those, on another upcoming post.



In the meantime, I've covered the backs of the bookcases with the same wallpaper I used in my hallway. You can read more about it here.  I'm going to eventually change it to a grasscloth wallcovering.



Below are 2 pictures that helped shape my vision for what I wanted for my Breakfast Nook.





I hope you enjoyed the little tour of my Kitchen.  Please join me again for the rest of the tour.







No comments:

Post a Comment