Thursday, October 30, 2014

Do you Polyvore? If you don't, maybe you should.

     I'm super obsessed with a website called Polyvore.  You can use it to put together outfits or design any room you wish.  I could spend hours on it and I'm pretty sure I have. The nicest part is I don't have to have a budget when I design my imaginary rooms.  Now, who wouldn't love that?  It really is a great way to try out new floor plans and furniture pieces, lighting, bedding all before purchasing, and if you should want to purchase a particular item, it links you to it.  I try to use a combination of Pinterest as well as Polyvore to design a room.  It's helped a lot in nailing down a design concept, yet giving me options on how to style and design a room.  

     Here's a few pictures off of my own Polyvore boards.  The picture below was my design from today of what I imagine to be, a little girl's bedroom.  I love the use of pink and orange in this bedroom.



      The next bedroom is pretty close to what I would want for my dream master bedroom with a sitting area for when I want to hide from my children.  



Here's a fun game room/library/craft area.


These chairs are fabulous and make for a fun and bright area to dine.


If only there were just a few toys on the play room floor and not everything possibly dumped all over the place.  As you can see my imaginary home likes clean spaces.


No more babies for me, but this was fun putting together an imaginary nursery for twins.


I would never leave this next space.


I would love to one day have a formal dining room.


I designed this room with 2 things in mind.  The first being ironstone on display and the second, is that cow painting in the background.  I own that very same painting, which I still have yet to frame.


I think it would be pretty tough to get me out of this room as well.  I used this design to help me decide on my sofa as well as the leather chair.


I love color although at times really long for an all white space.


The only downside to Polyvore is that it doesn't have a lot to offer in terms of designing a kitchen or bathroom.  You can find lots of kitchen items but to find cabinets, etc. it's limited.

You can follow me here, as well as check out other rooms I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment